December 15, 2013

Pine Cone Winter Fairies


A couple months ago we collected some pine cones and big acorns with the intent of making some fall fairies. Well fall passed by, and in came winter and there the pine cones and acorns set. But with a little glitter and gorgeous iridescent pipe cleaners provided by CraftProjectIdeas.com, we were inspired to make some Winter Fairies

Each of the kids started by choosing a pine cone, an acorn, glitter, and matching paint color. They painted the pine cones and the cap of the acorn and then sprinkled them with glitter while the paint was still wet. 



While they we drying I created the wings. Using two pipe cleaners per acorn, I bent them into a butterfly shape and hot glued them to the back of the pine cone.


I also hot glued the head on, and the girls wanted a little sparkly pom pom (also from craftprojectideas.com) on their fairies hats!


They were all quite pleased with how they turned out. Even Eli flew his around the room (while making airplane noises) for a while before I took them back and glued a loop of ribbon to the back of the head to hang (if you glue it to the body they don't hang upright)!



The day after we made our winter fairies snow arrived! All the kids were super excited about the snow, and I thought the fairies would look nice in the tree (although I should have got them out there before the kids stomped through it)!



31 comments:

  1. These are adorable! My granddaughter would be fascinated with them, so we will make them together someday very soon. One of the cutest things I've ever seen on a blog post. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get a chance to make some; it may be hard to find the pieces now, but hopefully! There is always next year I suppose! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Anything with glitter is a good idea in our house! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I just pinned it so I can remember! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really very festive and cute, now we just need the snow - lacking over here! #Entertaining&Educational

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could send you some of ours! I have had my fill for the year! lol

      Delete
  5. Oh how adorable!!

    Pinning this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and pinning!

      Delete
  6. These are absolutely precious! I've pinned to try later. I'd love for you to link these up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop when you get a chance! Have a Merry Christmas!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and inviting me!

      Delete
  7. What a great way to decorate inside or out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have them inside now, and my cats are fascinated by them! Luckily they are out of reach! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. These are super. I love the natural materials and they look great. It's even better that they work to bring snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I wouldn't have made them if I knew they brought snow! ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Oh, how pretty!! I love them. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am in love! These are absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for sharing these cute little winter fairies on Discover & Explore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting and stopping by!

      Delete
  11. These are terrific! I love how the snow arrived after you made them. They look so great hanging outside. What a great project. Thank you so much for sharing on the #homeschoollinkup!

    I'm pinning this. This would work for anytime during the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty cute to see the kids reactions to the snow the next day even though I, myself, am not a fan! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Those are so precious!!! I love them! Thanks so much for sharing them at For the Kids Fridays over at SunScholars. I always love seeing what you are up to over at Life with Moore Babies!! I am featuring your post at this week's party! Happy New Year!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting and featuring again! And though unrelated, thanks for pinning my balloon countdown from last year; it seemed to be a hit! :)

      Delete
  13. Those are the best pinecone decorations I have even seen! Thanks for linking up with After School!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so so cute! We don't have pine cones or acorn caps here, but if we did, I'd totally try this! :) They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness! These are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss a post! Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bria and Nadia's Fishes

Blogging tips