February 6, 2013

Letter H Sensory Bin



The Letter H really surprised me! I was expecting it to be a bit more difficult to find things that start with H.  In fact I had decided before I even started that I could always find some fake hair or cut a heart out of felt if I needed more! Once I started looking though, stuff just started popping out.  The girls found a horse and a hippo immediately! Then I added a hamster, helicopter, hammer, and hat; throw in the H book, letter magnet, and some foam H's and it was almost overflowing!

Before I could even give the bin to Eli he had ripped the "po" (hippo) out of it.  After that it was straight to the magnet.  He has been really interested in the singing magnet the past few bins.  He just sits there pushing the button to hear the song over and over......."Every letter makes a sound." (I think I hear it in my sleep sometimes.)



Then he found the helicopter which immediately flew threw the air complete with flying noises that a plane would normally make.



And after reading the book and glancing at the other items he moved on to the hat.  He said something that sounded like hat and tried to get it on his head.  Apparently his 19 month head doesn't fit into an 18 month hat! 




For more sensory fun (including all previous letters) visit my Sensory Page!

16 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I've been doing the letter of the week prep curriculum with simon but we just color in the letter and don't do much with the sound it makes. I might have to add this idea to our week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I introduced the letters and sounds at the same time to all my kids. I guess I just felt like it gave the letters more meaning. Obviously my little guy isn't learning the letter much, but I do think he is picking up the sounds. I think it may even be helping him add more words to his vocabulary since he tries to make the sounds. My kids also really liked going through the letters on starfall.com to learn the sounds! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. love this idea! looking forward to more related posts ;) thanks for sharing! new follower!!

    -Paige
    http://borntobeasahm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Paige! I will certainly return the love!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute bin! I just introduced the whole sensory bin idea to my almost 2 year old daughter-- not sure how well received it was! Oh well... Lol! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Give her time and a variety of bins. I'm sure she will warm up to them. Messy bins tend to be a favorite of littles!

      Delete
  4. We're leap frog fans around her as well....that song is pretty catchy :-)

    Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....it sure gets stuck in your head! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! I have a feeling I will be more challenging!

      Delete
  6. You created a really fun hands on bin! Thank you for linking up to Hearts for Home Blog Hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, thank you so much for linking up with us at Share It Saturday! I love your ideas. So, since you've started doing these alphabet sensory bins, I thought I would try one with my kids. They were thrilled! I'll be writing up a post for next week and I'm planning to include a link to your blog. I'll shoot you an email in the next few days.
    Colleen at www.sugaraunts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen; I can't wait to see what you did! I think I is going to be a little difficult, but I am sure we will find something! lol

      Delete

Don't miss a post! Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bria and Nadia's Fishes

Blogging tips