December 12, 2012

Paper Towel Roll Snowmen

These cute little snowmen were super easy and quick to make! And they use up some of those cardboard rolls you have stashed away for Pinterest projects; come on, you know you do!


Start by cutting you paper towel rolls (or toilet paper rolls) with a serrated knife (so you don't smush them)! I cut mine about an inch and a half thick, but you could make them as think or thin as you want!


Paint them white.  I don't think it matters what kid of paint you use.  I wanted to get them done pretty quick, so I spray painted the majority of them.


I did let each of the girls paint one snowman with acrylic paint. Of course the girls did not want white snowmen, so they used sparkly pink and purple.




Hot glue 3 of the roll sections together to form a snowman shape.



Cut a piece of ribbon about 8 inches long to be a scarf. Picking the ribbon was the girls favorite part! Glue the edge of the ribbon between two of the balls then wrap it around the neck of the snowman and glue again. If you want it to lay flat fold it over and glue in the fold. Otherwise it will look like the scarf is blowing which my girls seem to like! They did the same thing with their Nutter Butter Snowmen!






I looped some thread through the top, but if you want something prettier you could glue some ribbon in a loop at the top.




Quick, easy little snowmen to hang anywhere you want!


22 comments:

  1. How fun! Pink and purple snowmen have more personality. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that is true! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I do love all loo roll crafts and these snowmen are SO cute!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggy, for visiting and hosting!

      Delete
  3. I've seen the paper rolls that stand, but not the cut version. These are really cute - love the scarves :)! I'm going to try them with my kids this weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  4. What a great Christmas Craft! My kids would like this one... I would really love to have you stop by ans share at Share It Saturday!
    http://www.teachbesideme.com/2012/12/share-it-saturday.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for inviting me! I will head over and join the fun!

      Delete
  5. OH what a great post! I found you on the hip homeschool moms weekly linkup and would LOVE it if you could share your post on Homeschooling on the Cheap! http://3boysandadog.com/deals/2012/homeschooling-on-the-cheap-december-13-2012/

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! I would be happy to come share!

      Delete
  6. Awesome idea! Pinning this for when we do our snowman themed stuff in January...I just can't let go of "Christmas". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! We pretty much just do winter stuff, so I can spread it out over a few months! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  7. I need to share this with my friend who teaches preschool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share away Diana! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. So fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good replacement for the jellyfish we had up since October! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for linking your great crafts and snow ice cream recipe at the Winter Bucket List Link-up! Hope you are having a wonderful start to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! A happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Tots! I'm featuring your post this week on In Lieu of Preschool: http://www.inlieuofpreschool.com/2013/01/winter-activities-for-kids.html Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Off to pin your post now! Thanks again! ~Genny @ In Lieu of Preschool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Genny! I found it this morning and shared on facebook! have a wonderful day! :)

      Delete

Don't miss a post! Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bria and Nadia's Fishes

Blogging tips