November 13, 2012

Fingerprint Noah's Ark



 Our Bible Story this week is another one the girls know well, Noah's Ark; they even read it in their little Easy reader Bible! Then we made our own Noah's ark with paper and paint.

I started by cutting out shapes for them to glue together for the ark.  A semicircle, rectangle, triangle, and a few small squarish shapes.


They glued their ark together how they wanted it, and then we added the animals.


I was inspired by Ed Emberley's Fingerprint Drawing Book

.

Although the book does not have many animals in it, I figured we could just make the prints and add the animal parts.  Most of the animals started with a oval (full fingerprint) for the body and circle (just the tip of the finger) for the head.

Full Finger tip for an Oval.

Very tip of finger for a Circle.

See the difference!

We tried to make stripes for a zebra.
Depending on what animal the girls wanted it to be determined how far apart I put the head and body. The horses the head was just a little ways and up from the body, the dog and lion were very close, and the giraffe was far away.  The girls had remember what they were wanting each one to be, so we could draw in the legs and stuff after they dried.

So once they were dried I drew one of each pair of animals, so the girls had something to go off of.  They added the features to the other animal in each pair.  Bria also decided she needed more animals (she was distracted by Eli before). So we added some more.




Once all the animals were complete the girls painted a rainbow over their ark.


And here are the completed Fingerprint Noah's Arks!



A few of the animals closer up!

Horses

Birds
Lions, Zebras, Alligators

Bunnies, horses, Dogs, Cats
The girls had a good time coming up with animals to add, and I am happy they tried to draw them themselves without complaining that they didn't look good. Sometimes they have a hard time when they can't get things perfect (I have no idea where they get that). Sarcasm aside, I think they turned out pretty cute!



27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I have to agree on the cuteness!

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I love the two-toned prints too...I've never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They didn't work as well as I hoped, but it satisfied the girls. They had a good time making them too!

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I will have to remember to do this!

    Chrissy
    ( How We Learn at Home )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to Pin if you use Pinterest! That usually helps me remember things. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing, my Sunday School class will have fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they have a wonderful time! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. That is such a great idea. I can't wait to try it with my kids. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they will turn out adorable! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  6. Loved it so much, I am featuring it this week on Mom's Library. Come on over and grab a featured badge from Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk! Can't wait to see what you will link-up this week!

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Julie

    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/11/co-hosting-moms-library-link-up-6-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

      Delete
  7. We love fingerprint art and I love your Noah's ark. And the rainbow colours. Beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggy! We're a big fan of it now too; can't wait to find more ways to use it!

      Delete
  8. What a fun activity! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie for visiting and hosting!

      Delete
  9. Lovely idea! I love the animals.

    Thanks for linking to th Sunday showcase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I think they turned out pretty cute too!

      Delete
  10. this is adorable...noah's ark is my favorite too...thanks for sharing on Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene! I appreciate all your comments!

      Delete
  11. What a SUPER FUN craft! I love how you did all the animals with fingerprints - they look so cool and each unique!

    Just wanted to let you know I featured you at TGIF this week: http://www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/11/tgif-linky-party-56.html

    Thanks for linking up & have a GREAT weekend,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Beth! And thanks so much for featuring it! I thought it turned out pretty good despite my poor drawing skills! lol Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  12. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your Noah's Ark project! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/fingerprint-noahs-ark/

    If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know and for featuring it!

      Delete
  13. How did I miss this when you first posted it?

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss a post! Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bria and Nadia's Fishes

Blogging tips