September 1, 2012

Melted Crayon Pumpkins


The cooler temperatures and rainy days this weekend reminded me that fall was on the way (even though I'm not finished with summer).  Last year after our trip to the pumpkin patch, we decided to try our hand at more melted crayon art (original melted crayon art), but this time it would be on our pumpkins!  We saw this briefly on pinterest and didn't even pin it, so I again must apologize for not having the original source!


 Each of the girls picked out a few colors (I chose for Eli) to put on the pumpkins they chose.  Then we simply used a stick lighter to melt the tips of the crayons and allow the wax to drip randomly around the edges of our pumpkins.

Eli and his pumpkin before. He was so little!

Eli's pumpkin during.

All the pumpkins!
These crazy pumpkins lasted all winter too!  I doubt it had anything to do with the crayons, but they stayed happily on our piano until March or April when they started to get smushy!



19 comments:

  1. Too cute. We did melted crayons on eggs for easter and loved it. This would be perfect for my boys. Thanks for sharing found you through the kids co-op Jaime@FSPDT
    http://frogsandsnailsandpuppydogtails-jaime.blogspot.com/
    will pin and fb page share as a great find on this wks co-op:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would have never thought about decorating eggs this way!

      Delete
  2. Cute pumpkins!! I think we may have to do this this year : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to see pictures if you make some!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you try it; I would love to see the results!

      Delete
  4. Those look wonderful! Thanks for stopping by Preschool Powol Packets--I'm excited to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are great! We are All Year Round Blog Carnival co-hosts and we've featured you here http://littlehomeschoolblessings.blogspot.com/2012/10/all-year-round-carnival-september-round.html?m=1 .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feature! They really did turn out beautiful. I will have to come see what other fun fall activities you featured!

      Delete
  6. So ironic! I was just over here to link up my melted crayon art, and I saw your melted crayon pumpkins! They're absolutely gorgeous! I'm pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came to join the party! It is pretty amazing all e things you can do with some melted wax! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Hi Ashley - this is such a cute project - I pinned it and can't wait to try it with the kids in the Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! They had fun with it; we really should do it again now they they are a little bigger! Hope yours enjoy it!

      Delete
  8. These are so cute! I want to do it - just me!!!!! Thanks for the boost of creativity!! Sarah @ HowWeeLearn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With little ones and fire it was mostly me. They just told me what to do. Lol Have fun with your pumpkins!

      Delete
  9. What a fun idea~ they turned out so pretty and colorful! And your kids are too cute! Thank you so much for linking up to this week's Discover & Explore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting and for stopping by! I would make these every year if my kids would stand it!

      Delete
  10. I love the look of these pumpkins! Thanks for linking up to Discover & Explore. I'm featuring this post today.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss a post! Follow by Email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bria and Nadia's Fishes

Blogging tips