Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Easy Sensory Bin to go with the Book Skippyjon Jones

Easy Sensory Bin to go with the Book Skippyjon Jones
Last week I took our little Skippyjon Jones to visit our Partners in Education preschool class.  Along with my little kitty, I took the book to read to them.  I was surprised only 3 of them had even heard of Skippyjon Jones, but they all seemed to enjoy the book (and the kitty).  My girls LOVE the books.  I guess that goes without saying considering the name of our kitten.


Of course, they love the kitten more then the books.



On a whim this week I made them a little sensory bin to go along with the book.  I added assorted beans, a stuffed Siamese cat, stuffed doggies (I didn't have many chihuahuas though), and a few little sword picks.  The sword picks would need to be left out if it was for a younger child, but the girls are 4 and 5 and handle them pretty well with supervision.



I even gave the girls some masks to wear, but it didn't last long. They don't seem to like things covering their faces.


They did play with the stuffed animals for a while making up stories and replaying Skippyjon Jones.  They decided to use a Zhu Zhu pet as Alfredo Buzzito since I could not find a bee.




Then they just enjoyed playing with the beans.  Nathan and I are not fans of beans, so the girls really hadn't been exposed to them, especially in a raw form.  They seemed to enjoy them.  Eli enjoyed them after he got up from his nap, maybe a little too much judging by the number that ended up on my floor.





Follow along, so you don't miss a post! 

  follow life with moore babies on facebook follow life with moore babies on pinterest follow life with moorebabies on Instagram follow life with moore babies RSS Feed follow life with moore babies through twitter follow life with moore babies through email follow life with moore babies through Google+ follow life with moore babies on stumbleupon


Bottom Ad [Post Page]