Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus


I've obviously got a trend is week of posts based on library books; hopefully it will help my children's comprehension.  So the other big book this last week was "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" by Mo Willems. I think Bria had to one memorized. It was fun for them to tell the pigeon "no" repeatedly, but it also let us talk about why it would be bad for the pigeon to drive the bus (why we have rules) and why they said no (respect for the driver in charge of the bus). I don't know if any of that stuck, but maybe with a few repeats. I found a cute pigeon handprint craft at Mommy and Me Book Club, and we made our own version.  Instead of painting the whole thing, I cut out heads, eyes, and collars ahead of time.  We made handprints using the thumb as the pigeon's neck, and once dry, I let the girls glue the rest on and draw legs and beak (I helped Eli).









I also cut out buses based on the pattern from All Kids Network.  This time I just did it for the girls and let them glue them together however they wanted.







While gluing the buses, Bria started singing " The Wheels on the Bus."  We went through the normal verses and then sang one for each kid and the pigeon.  This week at the library, Bria was excited to find "The Duckling Gets a Cookie," so we'll see where that goes.




Bottom Ad [Post Page]